I started having issues that required the use of deploying another checkpoint VPN gateway. My team setup the new VM, installed Checkpoint Gaia, and completed the configuration for VPN. I created a new site in my windows checkpoint endpoint security client that pointed to the new DNS entry and off I went. I started to have issues being able to connect to the new VPN gateway after a few days, so I enabled logging in the checkpoint endpoint client. I discovered that my client was trying to connect to one of my original VPN gateways even though I didn’t have the original gateway defined in the VPN client. After a quick call to support, we found out that MEP (multiple entry point) was enabled by default on checkpoint VPN gateway’s that used the same encryption domain. I had to disable MEP, but couldn’t find any settings in the GUI. The following KB article gives directions on how to disable MEP:
MEP wasn’t the desired configuration, but I could see its benefit of being enabled for a redundant VPN gateway setup. I may enable MEP in the future. Only time will tell.